Memorial Garden Trees
A section of the Unity campus is reserved
for planting trees in memory,
or simply because you love trees.
Memorial Meditation Garden SE Corner of Property
Phase one: Far 60 x 60 yards plot (far apple tree SW)
Phase two: Adjacent 60 x 60 yards (2nd apple tree)
Planting a Tree in honor/memory/celebration
of a person, pet or cause
- In order to support the trees in thriving, we ask that tree choices be made from Unity’s overall plan for the garden. (Trees do best next to trees like them.)
- Also, the tree must be mature enough to survive in a natural environment.
- Suggested size is a minimum of 6 feet tall.
- 1. Tree is purchased by donor.
- 2. Planting is the responsibility of the donor.
- 3. Planting is responsibility of the donor: can arrange for a nursery/gardener to plant the tree.
4. Recommend donor installs protective screen around tree to protect it from deer.
Volunteers will water for the first year.
Plaque by Plaque Maker (Amazon) 4” by 6” $34.99
Record # 734355 www.plaquemaker.com (‘reorder’)
order through Amazon
Unity will order plaque.
Donor can designate content.
Sign can include “in memory of” but no epitaph
Engraved with the following: NAME OF TREE and Type of Tree
Two lines for year and other info (e.g. 2022, in memory of….)
CREMAINS can be PLANTED WITH TREE – unofficially
Not in a container. Can be planted below ground or sprinkled above ground around tree
If you are interested in planting a tree,
contact Rev. Sharon or Jerry Podany